What is PALS? (Patient Advice and Liaison Service)
PALS is a Patient Advice and Liaison Service for people using the NHS. It is here to help you - whether you are a patient, carer, relative or friend to resolve any problems as quickly and easily as possible. The service can also provide any information you may require, or link you to the right people to talk to.
PALS was set up to help patients, their families, and carers get the best service possible from the NHS. The PALS service in North East Essex can help you deal with any issue you have about how you, a person you care for, or a member of your family was treated by the NHS.
PALS do this by listening to patients' concerns as well as their suggestions about improvements to services. PALS is confidential, non-judgemental and independent, and the service helps to enable patients to make the most appropriate and informed choices about their own health care.
PALS can offer:
- help to sort out problems quickly on your behalf
- information on services available locally, both NHS and other agencies and how to access them
- help to manage a complaint informally if you would prefer not to go through the formal complaints procedure
- guidance on the formal complaints procedure if we are unable to resolve your problem
PALS does not:
- provide counselling
- deal with or investigate formal complaints
- provide a complaints advocacy service
- deal with complaints or concerns from providers regarding procurement practices
For more information on PALS locally please click here.